Pages

5.06.2010

Something you may not know about me...

I really love Mexican food. Tacos, chimichangas, salsa, but especially enchiladas....

The cheese! The sauce! The onions and chicken! It's just the perfect little meal! Add some rice and you can't go wrong... Add some beans and you could, but still they are good!

On Sunday we tossed some chicken breasts on the grill... I halved them, seasoned them spicily (is that a word?) and we didn't eat them. I saved them until yesterday for my enchiladas!

I microwaved the tortillas, chopped the chicken and a whole onion. Then as if I were my own assembly line, I made three (yes, THREE) pans of enchiladas. And it took me less than an hour to prep, create and bake all three pans.

Thank God for cans of enchilada sauce, shredded cheese and pre-cooked chicken.

My sister makes her own enchilada sauce, but I'm too lazy for that! Also, I mix a larger can of the mild to go with the hot. It comes out perfect that way!

If any of my awesome readers has a recipe for deep-fried or pan fried chimichangas, you just let me know!

1 comment: